Reviewed: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-w_4fY1kZpPXShMIC2ZraPWMRXuQTFSj/edit

Peers’ Names: Peers’ Names: Mary Pesado, David Jeong, Kate Ueda, Mikaela Curdyk, Pim Sgoontanag

Interactive Learning Resource Topic: Developing a Growth Mindset

Identify components of the Interactive Learning Resource that might be missing (e.g., appropriate outcomes, alignment, interactivity, inclusivity, technology use and rationale, presentation, grammar, spelling, citations, etc.).

Your interactive learning resource is great! I think the chosen use of experiential and cooperative learning methods will be very effective in fostering a growth mindset among the students. However, there may still be areas that need attention to ensure that the learning experience is effective and inclusive, here are some possible considerations. 

Access to technology: While  students can use their phones to access Moodle, it’s important to ensure that all students have access to the necessary technology and reliable connection to participate fully in the lessons. The school may need to provide devices and internet access for students who lack them. 

Inclusivity: It’s important to ensure that all students feel valued and included in the learning process. This could involve providing opportunities for different learning styles, cultural backgrounds, and abilities, and making sure that the materials and activities are accessible to all students.

Example: In Lesson 3,  My Mindset and Identifying Limiting Beliefs, you may have a student who does not feel comfortable participating in group discussion. I suggest creating an option for a learner to partake in the activity, however, submit their reflection privately to the instructor instead of sharing it with the class. You could also offer one-on-one discussions with the student to discuss their mindset and limiting beliefs, rather than requiring them to participate in the discussion. It’s important to create a safe and inclusive learning environment where all students feel comfortable and supported in their learning.

Provide a summary of The Interactive Learning Resources strengths and weaknesses. Draw out specific examples from your peers’ work to justify your feedback.

The resource is very well-organized, engaging, and provides a variety of different approaches to learning that will resonate with students. Furthermore, I like that the Moodle platform provides a centralized location for students to access materials, submit assignments, and take quizzes, making it easy for both students and instructors to manage the learning process. I think all of the topics covered in the resource are relevant and important for students when developing a growth mindset.

One significant disadvantage is the resource’s heavy reliance on technology, which may not be accessible to all students. The resource may not provide enough opportunities for individualized feedback and support from instructors, especially in online learning environments where students may have limited interaction with their instructors. Lasty, I found that it does not address the cultural and individual differences in mindset, which with the given topic may require different approaches to be effective for different learning types.

Provide general, specific, and practical recommendations to your peers on how to improve their Interactive Learning Resource.

As a general recommendation, I would look to provide immediate and personalized feedback to learners after they complete each activity or quiz. This will help your learners understand what they got right or wrong and where they need to improve. You’ve done an outstanding job at making your interactive learning resource user-friendly, it is easy to navigate and use. The instructions are clear and concise, so I think learners will easily find the information they need. I would potentially look at finding real-world examples to use, illustrating the  key concepts that your teaching may make the content more relatable to your learners. Lastly, Incorporating individualized feedback and support for students, such as having office hours or one-on-one meetings, to address any specific concerns or questions they may have. Overall, you’ve done an excellent job, this was extremely difficult to critique as your learning resource has been very well put together. Sign me up as a student of the growth mindset course!